Friday, September 30, 2005

concentrating on falling apart

He went peacefully to that place he never wanted to go. They brought him to his room, and he immediately undresses. In front of family, friends and the assortment of on-lookers who were sure to pass by.

I was told once that he seemed to have lost his pride. I think, rather, that he no longer felt obliged to hide from the world the man that he was.

Of course, I wasn't there, but I picture him climbing into bed calm, and more sure of himself than the rest of us may ever feel. For the first time in months, he lay down and slept.

My Grandfather battled cancer for the better part of a decade. No words I could use, could describe the boundless strength and spirit he possessed. He was more kind and brave than anyone I have ever met. And I loved him.

On the date of September 29th at 6:10pm Arnold Walter Peever passed away in his sleep. He will be forever loved and missed.

I will never forget you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stolenswan said...

I hate these stupid spams. Especially on a post like this.

I love you so much, and I know you'll get through this, cutes.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home