Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No se nada

"I just don`t get what the point of it all is?"

"how do you mean?"

"Well I guess I just don`t see the point of writing if you`re not going to write ABOUT something."

"It`s really not about what I write about. The subject is entirely trivial. Actually I think I prefer when I write about nothing at all."

"That doesn`t make any sense, even when you`re writing about nothing you`re still writing about SOMETHING."

"Ok What I think I mean is that I don`t care what kind of story I write, It`s not about a happy ending or an ironic twist, It`s not even whether or not I think people will like it. It`s..."

"Ok now thats bullshit, I know you and I know that you always wish people will like it."

"ok, It`s true that I want people to like what I write, but thats not WHY I write. If you`re going to create anything, you need to know that you`re doing it for yourself."

" But don`t you think thats just all sentimental bullshit that you..."

"No this is it, bottom line. The world is this huge collective of voices and ideas, and sometimes I just need to know that my voice is out there. yeah...thats it."

He stood for a moment in silence before spitting the toothpaste out of his mouth. and walked back to the bedroom and opened the laptop carelessly placed on the edge of the bed. Sitting down, the girl beside him half wakes up.

"...what are you doing...?" She said sleepily.

"Nothing, at all. Go back to sleep."

She was then rocked flawlessly back to sleep by the soft and fluid sound of a keyboard contentedly at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home